Our client is responsible for some of the industry’s most iconic games, and over the last fifteen years has entertained millions of players around the world with their award-winning games.
They place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. The studio boasts a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another. They encourage free experimentation, innovation and exploration very explicitly with regular “off-the-grid” time, and refuse to partake in crunch.
Due to continued success, they're now growing their team with fresh, talented people who can help them take a huge leap forwards. They require a UI Technical Artist who is well-versed in core UI principles and user-experience with experience in designing, prototyping, user-testing and implementing UI features in game engine. Visual scripting or programming experience will be advantageous, as is working knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator.
What a UI Technical Artist will do:
• Work closely with the UI engineers to implement and iterate on UI features
• Develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
• Provides technical support to the team with UI and layout skills
• Delivers optimized UI assets and layouts to the developers
• Wires up UI features using a visual scripting system
A UI Technical Artist will need:
• Experience in the games industry
• Shipped a game working in UI production group
• Understanding of various gaming platform limitations with regard to visual assets
• Working knowledge of Photoshop
• Intermediate scripting experience with a working knowledge of visual programming, e.g. UNREAL’s Blueprints visual scripting
• Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting UI issues
• Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
• Excellent communication skills, with a willingness and confidence to provide a bridge between artists, designers and software engineers
• Experience/knowledge of Agile/iterative development methodologies.
• Knowledge or experience in Unity.