Our client is responsible for some of the industry’s most iconic games, and over the last fifteen years has entertained millions of players around the world with their award-winning games. They’ve always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, world-class game feel and AAA audio-visual quality.
Due to continued success, they're now growing their team with fresh, talented people who can help them take a huge leap forwards.
They are looking for creative, collaborative, passionate people to help them design worlds sculpted for gameplay, and are recruiting world-class, gameplay-focused Level Designers who can devise and develop these landscapes and levels.
What you’ll do:
Working with the Lead Level Designer, the world art team and gameplay team, a Level Designer takes part in a structured, iterative design process and has a hands-on role in building exciting environments, scripting levels and balancing them for fun. Although this is primarily a design rather than an art position, using 3D tools for prototyping and developing gameplay-rich environments is an essential part of the role. Level Designers will also be encouraged to collaborate with programmers and artists to improve the level creation process and tools.
A Level Designer will need:
- The ability to rapidly prototype in 3D tools and develop whitebox levels
- Comfortable using visual scripting interfaces as well as text-based scripting for game logic
- Proven experience in a design or Level Design role
- A structured, creative approach to design, and the ability to clearly communicate it
- Experience of working on AAA console or PC open-world titles is preferable
- Enthusiasm for working in our highly collaborative and friendly environment
- Experience of designing first person shooter levels or vehicle play will be an advantage.
For more information about this excellent role contact Sol Argueso on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.