Technical Director – Brighton
This is a great chance to join a small, fun-loving indie studio who make a variety of chart-topping games. Hot on the heels of their latest PlayStationVR game announcement, this studio is seeking a Technical Director to join their sunny Brighton studio! This is an ideal role for an existing Technical Director or for a seasoned Lead developer to step up into a new challenge.
You’ll manage the code team, working out their tasks and priorities to ensure everything runs smoothly. You’ll use your experience in the industry to scope out the technical architecture for each project, and identify what technology, middleware and tools will give each project the maximum bang for its buck. You’ll also work with the Art and Design teams, and Creative director to ensure the vision of the game lines up with the high standards that the studio’s fans have come to expect.
- Proficient in C++ and C#.
- Good working knowledge of Unity.
- At least 8 years' of game development experience.
- Specialised knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, client/server, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus.
- Ability to break down and scope out technical tasks.
- Experience mentoring and leading a team.
- Experience with VR is desirable.
Why you should apply:
This is a studio who’re in the unique position of having complete creative control of their own IP, therefore the position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to, and will enjoy seeing their work highly visible within a finished product.
Located on the top floor, the studio provides breathtaking 270 degree views of Brighton and the abundant independent coffee shops, cafes and restaurants that’re nearby. In addition, the studio provides a very generous benefits package, including:
- 28 holidays and 2 duvet days
- Free weekly pilate classes
- Performance based bonuses
- Private healthcare and an generous private company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- The whole team is invited to expo events
- Relocation package
- Regular social outings, ranging from pottery painting to the Crystal Maze
- Introductory desk and monitor review done by an independent specialist, to ensure you’re as comfortable as you can be!
Interested? Contact Andy Jenkinson at Andy@aswift.com or on +441709 834777 for more info!
Not for you but know someone who'd be perfect? We're willing to provide a £1000 thank you to anyone who recommends us someone who lands this role.