This is your chance to work for one of the most influential studios in the industry. Our client are responsible for multiple iconic franchises, with the most popular selling over 130 million units worldwide. With talent from all over the world, our client knows how to develop successful titles and show no signs of slowing down.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced programmer to join the leadership team based in London. You’ll be the technical stakeholder across a number of games and will work closely with project stakeholders at all levels while nourishing and building the relationships with our client’s partner studios to ensure key goals are met.
Work with game stakeholders, technical stakeholders and development teams to:
- Set clear goals and build plans to deliver the relevant and applicable internal/external technology which fulfills the requirements to play, support and operate the games.
- Work with partner studios to have sufficient planning surrounding technical staff, solutions, resources, cost and scheduling to support the games vision.
- Ensure games have adequate pipeline, bench marking and performance analysis tools which allow you to review code efficiently.
- Ensure platform compliance and identifying platform specific features which will add value to the games.
- Clearly document technical road-maps, backlogs, milestones and planning to deliver our technical needs on time and to budget. Ensure that this documentation is publicised, visible and self-explanatory.
Be responsible for:
- Assisting with evaluating potential new projects and development partners.
- Conducting technical due diligence on potential partner studios and outsource companies.
- Be the technical contact for first parties like Sony, Microsoft, and Valve etc.
- Contributing technical elements to Green Light presentations.
- Designing, managing and validating middleware solutions, project wrap up kits, source code deliverables, security standards and escrow solutions.
- Develop and foster relationships with middleware and hardware partners to make solid recommendations on which products each game should be using.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have extensive hands on video game programming experience.
- Must have been a lead programmer on a recent multi-platform title.
- Understanding of best practice development and the different phases associated with game production (concept, pre-production, production etc.)
- Excellent understanding of technical, efficient development pipelines and workflows for art and animation.
- Must understand how to prototype and prove out gameplay in an iterative development plan.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Ideally would have been a lead programmer on a XB1 or PS4 game.
- Hands on experience with Unreal and other middleware engine solutions.
- Game2Web or Web2Game experience.
- Understanding of how to collect and use game metrics to improve the gameplay experience.
- Understanding of different methods to test the game for performance, quality and stability.
For more information about this excellent role contact Andy Jenkinson on email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.