Our client are the biggest globalisation company, delivering industry-leading translation and localisation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing services to the world’s top brands. From video games to life sciences, for the past 20 years our client has provided international organisations with the language, cultural and technological expertise they need to transform how they communicate globally.
Our client are now looking for a Software Test Engineer to join their ever growing team. The STE is responsible for owning the testing quality for specific game areas, providing risk assessments and mitigation, ensure effective test coverage and traceability, mentor less experienced STEs and TAs, and own bug tracking and quality for assigned areas.
This position will require you to write, run, and maintain test specifications for moderately complex test areas of a project. You will perform detailed analysis of test results and adjust test cases or scenario focused testing as necessary. In addition, you’ll be assessing build quality and review development schedules in order to advise on timely submission schedules with various lab teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and development of clear and concise test specifications, plans, test cases, and user scenarios that provide full test coverage
- Help design testing tools as necessary to improve efficiency and effectiveness (coding of the tools is not a requirement for this role)
- Identify coverage reporting necessities
- Consistently track and communicate feature implementation progress for owned areas
- Consolidation of test pass results across areas
- Consistently track, communicate, and maintain knowledge of all active bugs in owned areas
- Coordinate with, and monitor performance of, all applicable shared resource teams
- Review and provide feedback on feature design and documentation
- Review and provide feedback on test documentation for feature areas owned by other team members.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is not necessary but is preferred
- Working knowledge of conducting and running bug bashes is essential
- Relevant related experience will be considered, including a background in the gaming industry and/or familiarity with white and/or black box software testing principles
- Working knowledge of Xbox Live, multiplayer features, networking protocols, client/server, debugging, and operating systems preferred.
For more information about this excellent role contact Chris Mellor on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com.