Our client is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 230 staff! Developing games for all major platforms, they're about to release a new, highly anticipated IP.
Since their inception they’ve have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
They have an unmissable opportunity for a highly creative Senior Technical Animator to join their studio. This is a fantastic opportunity to influence, define and manage the character pipeline of a large, genre-defining AAA console title.
- Develop, manage and maintain a class leading character pipeline.
- Work with code and design to achieve a solid and engaging player experiences.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of animation as they apply to the animation design.
- Assist in Lead responsibilities such as mentoring, scheduling and R&D into new features.
- Contribute to the conceptualization of character behaviours and abilities.
- Provide detailed input during the character creation process, from concept to modelling to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the pipelines and procedures within the project as a whole.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience animating characters for console and/or PC games with a minimum of 1 published game.
- Evidence of previous games completed in a senior technical animation role.
- A strong demo reel that adequately reflects this experience.
- Solid knowledge of Maya and/or 3DstudioMax.
- Scripting vial mel, MaxScript or Python.
- Understanding of character creation process from concept, to modelling and final rigging.
- Demonstrable experience in creating animation of a high standard while maintaining visual and functional specifications for game mechanics.
For more information about this excellent role contact Danny Blachford on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com.