Our client is one of Europe's leading game development studios and are responsible for one of the most iconic games of 2017. From 2000, they have been pushing the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence, recently releasing a major AAA game to critical success with sales well into the millions.
To keep up with the momentum generated from their most recent success, our client are now on the lookout for a Senior Technical Animator to work within their team to define processes & tools to help the overall quality improvement of their character animation workflow in the most efficient way possible.
You’ll oversee the rigging/skinning of a wide variety of assets, organic and inorganic and drive the development of tools to aid in the speed of their development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have more than five years of professional experience in the games industry with more than one shipped AAA title, or an equivalent amount of experience from a related industry;
- You have experience working with game engines and game systems;
- You have a firm grasp of anatomy and mechanical rigging;
- You have excellent Maya skills;
- You are proficient with scripting languages Python (first), Maya Python API (second);
- You’re proficient with C++;
- You have experience with 'Scriptable Rigging';
- You have experience with authoring/maintaining art-to-engine exporters;
- You have previous experience with animation and/or modelling;
- You have experience with rigging/mocap in MotionBuilder.
For more information about this excellent role contact Danny Blachford on +44 (0)1709 834777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.