Senior Engine Programmer – London
With offices in UK and San Francisco, our client continues on a mission to create seemingly impossible content which thrills millions of players across the globe.
They're currently one of the fastest growing social mobile publishers on iOS and Android, and they're not planning on stopping there!
Now's your chance to join their London studio and work on an unannounced AAA strategy mobile title.
As a Senior Engine Programmer you will be highly competent in your core discipline, ready to take on new roles and responsibilities, and be pushed out of your current comfort zone. You’ll relish new challenges and opportunities, especially when that comes with added responsibility and visibility inside and outside your team. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Writing high performance, robust engine level client code;
- Spending the majority of your time coding in C++ with some Objective-C, Java and other languages as needed;
- Architecting new systems and re-architecting old ones;
- Optimising across the board to deliver the best experience for our players: frame rate, memory usage and loading times;
- Improving and maintaining iOS and Android platforms to take advantage of the latest features.
- Excellent engineering skills
- Strong C++ experience
- A background in games development and multiple shipped titles
- A solid understanding of low level technical details
- Experience developing concurrent systems
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with iOS and Android development
- Knowledge and understanding of graphics programming, especially OpenGL, Metal and Vulkan
- Experience with server development
Why you should apply:
This is a studio who create cutting edge mobile games, while providing an impressive benefits package, including day one stock options, flexible working hours and a fully stocked kitchen!
Interested? Contact Greg Brotherton at Greg@aswift.com or on 01709 834777.
Not for you but know someone who this’d be great for? Refer them and we’ll give you £1000 if they get the job!