This is your chance to join one of the major players in the games industry. Producing countless AAA games and industry topping hardware, our client is a household name globally. Due to their continued success, they’re now looking for a Principal Graphics Engineer.
You will communicate with game teams online, as well as face-to-face, and have the opportunity for on-site visits to developers across Europe. You will be in direct contact with the engine programmers from some of the biggest and best game studios in the industry, as well as with teams making their first console title.
In addition to the primary technical support tasks, you will have the freedom to research and develop efficient techniques; write components, tutorials and whitepapers and create and deliver presentations at both public and internal conferences. You will also be involved in an element of project work and software development; creating, or updating, libraries, tools and sample code to help our developer community.
- Games development background, with engine level graphics experience on multiple console titles
- Strong C/C++ skills and structured programming techniques (10+ years)
- Strong 3D maths
- Experience using Performance Analysis tools and implementing optimisations
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Good Computer Science or equivalent Degree – and ideally further post graduate qualifications
- Experience of PlayStation platforms
- Assembly language / low level programming and debugging experience
- Experience of multi-threaded programming
- Bilingual or multilingual
Why should you apply?
You’ll get the chance to work on several different projects without being tied down to one for several years! There’s no crush, great job security and the job isn’t dependent on project success, with a chance to work with hugely successful 3rd party clients.