This is your chance to join a leading independent computer games developer-publisher responsible for some iconic first person shooter games and bestselling comics & fiction. They've seen a lot of success with their most recent AAA title and are now looking to grow their team.
They're now looking to add an experienced Network Programmer to their studio based in Oxford to support multiple AAA titles currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One and PC platforms. This role includes developing and maintaining in-game networking, dedicated game servers and cloud-based backend services such as matchmaking, analytics and telemetry.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in embedded C/C++, ideally in the games industry.
- Experience of using Playstation Network (PSN), Xbox LIVE, Steamworks and/or similar APIs for matchmaking, stats and leaderboards in online multiplayer games preferred.
- Experience of TCP and UDP socket programming and/or RESTful services in production code is preferred.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS or Azure would be an advantage but is not required.
- Write and develop network code for next generation consoles, desktop and mobile platforms
- Integrate with APIs such as Playstation Network, Xbox LIVE and Steamworks
- Develop and maintain cloud services
- General multiplayer game programming and testing
- General engine programming
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Knowledge of Playstation Network, Xbox LIVE and/or Steamworks APIs
- TCP and UDP socket programming
- Experience using or developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or the ELK stack would also be an advantage
Why you should apply:
This is a studio who look after their developers with a generous benefits package, including flexible working hours, childcare support, health support and lots and lots of free/discounted goodies!
Interested? Contact Jordan Bateman at Jordan@aswift.com or on 01709 834777.