Matchmovers take the original background plate photography and recreate the set up for use with in-house software. Starting with tracking a camera and calculating lens distortion the scene could also require body tracking and object tracking which would hone animation skills.
- To work with basic line up geometry and associated scene data in order to ensure a good match with the scene.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have experience in Body Tracking.
- A good basic knowledge of Maya is required, and knowledge of 3dEqualizer is desirable though familiarity with any tracking software would be useful.
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Animation or other related course.
- Past industry experience and be equally proficient in camera, object and body tracking.
- Experience in meeting deadlines on time.
- Pro-active and good at problem solving.
- Very meticulous and accurate. A good eye for detail and ability to work under pressure on potentially short turnaround times is essential.
- Able to take direction and feedback well from a supervisor.
- Organised and able to create tidy scenes for use in the rest of the pipeline.
- Team oriented and have great communication skills.