GUI/UX Designer – Oxford
This is your chance to join a leading independent computer games developer-publisher responsible for some iconic first person shooter games and bestselling comics & fiction. They've seen a lot of success with their most recent AAA title and are now looking to grow their team.
They're now looking to bring on board an enthusiastic UI/UX Designer who's devoted to building intuitive, cutting-edge user interface experiences for games on all current platforms. The successful applicant will understand the importance of usability and visual communication, be self-driven and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This is a full-time role based in-house at their Oxford headquarters, on an initial 6-12 months employed contract basis.Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding technical ability and understanding of user interfaces.
Experience of implementing graphical user interfaces, awareness of best selling games and the graphical styles they employ. Some game industry experience is preferred but not essential, print or web-layout experience will also be considered.
- Work closely with a GUI Artist to design and implement 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
- Work closely with each project’s design team to ensure menus and interface reflect the overarching goals of the title in the most intuitive fashion
- Streamline and implement logical menu flow and function of interfaces
- Work with technical artists and tools programmers to improve efficiency of workflow
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief within technical platform constraints/limitations and ensure publisher/platform compliancy
Why you should apply:
This is a studio who look after their developers with a generous benefits package, including flexible working hours, childcare support, health support and lots and lots of free/discounted goodies!
Interested? Contact Max Stuart at Max@aswift.com or on 01709 834777