Our client are a team of highly talented game developers based in the South-East of England. They know what makes games fun, and they want to have fun making them. With a flat hierarchy, they have serious stands but believe that doesn’t mean they can’t be playful while working.
They’re currently ramping up their team for a new 3rd-person AAA character-action console game and are looking to bring on-board an experienced Gameplay Designer to create high visibility gameplay features.
- Work with game director in designing new character skills and move sets
- Implement game mechanisms using proprietary game engine and scripting tools
- Assist level designers to create new and exciting content that will highlight all characters’ features
- Create and maintain design documentation
- Ensure smooth and clear communication both within the design team as well as with external partners
- Respond and implement feedback from reviews and playtests
- Proactively contribute to other relevant gameplay systems such as camera, AI
- At least 3 years’ experience, and shipped at least one console game
- Experience with visual scripting tools
- Practical experience in any of the following game design areas: combat system, character skills, character control and animation
- Passionate, self-motivated, task driven and open to constructive criticism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in competitive multiplayer games a bonus
For more information about this excellent role contact Simon Hope on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.