Concept Artist – Stockholm
This is a chance to join one of the most successful studios in Sweden! A prominent indie creator, publisher and distributor, this studio works on their own lovingly crafted globally renowned IPs, as well as well-known licensed content.
After 19 years in the industry, the studio are now seeking a talented Concept Artist to join their kick-ass team in Stockholm. They want someone who can keep up with their high standards and set the style and define the visuals for the studio’s new title. Through rapid visual conceptualisation, pre-production art, you’ll help bring new worlds to life as others follow your work to create final quality game assets.
- Knowledge of how to use of light and colour to great effect
- A deep understanding of perspective
- Ability to design characters and environments from idea to final concept
- Ability to concept realistic characters and environments
- An understanding of visual design principles
- Ability to capture key moods and lighting in the early stages of work
- Understanding of silhouettes and value relationships
- Experience creating style guides
- Able to rapidly produce sketches to illustrate concepts & ideas
- Comfortable working closely with a creative team – able to visually and verbally get their ideas across in creative discussions
- Adaptable – Can quickly pick-up new skills and ways of working and able to work in a wide range of styles
- High quality Artwork – sketches through to final Key Art, always well and proudly presented
- Can create exceptional, dynamic and evocative, sketching and high quality character, environment and prop illustrations that excite and delight the team
- Have very good knowledge of Photoshop & standard industry packages – knowledge of 3D software, game engines and video editing tools is an advantage
Still reading? Great!
This is a position fantastic position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where they live and die by gameplay. The studio have made clear that as they grow, that they want you to grow with them and will actively invest in your professional development!
Interested? Contact Max Stuart at Max@aswift.com or on 01709 834777.
Not for you but know someone who this’d be great for? Refer them and we’ll give you £1000 if they get the job!