Our client is responsible for some of the industry’s most iconic games, and over the last fifteen years has entertained millions of players around the world with their award-winning games. They’ve always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, world-class game feel and AAA audio-visual quality.
Due to continued success, they're now growing their team with fresh, talented people who can help them take a huge leap forwards. They require a Concept Artist with a strong ability to visualise ideas, concepts and designs. You will be expected to contribute ideas and run with a loose description as well as be able to work well to creative direction by others. Being able to collaborate with others and a passion for games is key.
The Concept Artist visualises environments, characters, vehicles, colour schemes and the overall mood and feel of the game. The Concept Artist will help determine the look of many aspects of the game. A good Concept Artist is comfortable creating rough sketches and happy to talk about the ideas in them. Also, they should be able to generate higher quality images given the time. The images they create should inspire the team or help them visualise ideas.
A Concept Artist will need:
- Concept Artists possess strong drawing and painting skills in colour and black & white. They have extensive experience with Photoshop and ideally a good understanding of 3D content creation tools.
- A Concept Artist’s portfolio should demonstrate the following:
- Strong traditional art skills
- A strong ability to draw in perspective
- A strong ability to think in three dimensions
- Great use of light and shadow
- A good grasp of concept development and design
For more information about this excellent role contact Danny Blachford on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.